Re: Patch for Improved Syntax Error Reporting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch for Improved Syntax Error Reporting
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> In the case of pgAdmin, it displays the error messages as returned by the
> backend. I have no desire to start maintaining my own list of error
> codes/messages, especially as those returned by the backend are generally
> user friendly, and I certainly don't want to start parsing user supplied SQL
> statements myself - I'd rather leave that to the real parser.

Maybe I'm confused, but I don't think any of the proposals would require
you to do any of those things.  The only case that requires any
significant new effort from the client app is where it reformats queries
before sending them on to the parser ... but that is knowledge you've
already built into the client, no?  You just have to remember what you
did so that you can map a backend error index into the original text.

Сообщение: Re: Revised Patch to allow multiple table locks in "Unison"
Сообщение: Re: Revised Patch to allow multiple table locks in "Unison"