Re: BUG #17909: CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION sch CREATE TABLE foo ( id INT ) will coredump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17909: CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION sch CREATE TABLE foo ( id INT ) will coredump
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 11:29:11AM +0800, Richard Guo wrote:
>> BTW, the comment states that CreateSchemaStmtContext.stmtType is "CREATE
>> SCHEMA" or "ALTER SCHEMA".   But it seems that there is no chance to set
>> it to "ALTER SCHEMA".  So should we update that comment, or go even
>> further to remove CreateSchemaStmtContext.stmtType since it is not used?

> Indeed.  I'd be OK with adjusting the comment, without removing
> stmtType to keep some consistency with CreateStmt, and it could be
> useful for debugging, perhaps..  (See 46379d6 as one origin point).

I'd be okay with just dropping that field.  It seems to be much
older than 46379d6, and if it ever had any real use it doesn't now.
(There's no ALTER SCHEMA in the SQL spec at all, let alone one that
has some overlap with CREATE SCHEMA options, so I don't foresee a
future use either.)