Re: Hot Standby 0.2.1

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hot Standby 0.2.1
Дата
Re: Hot Standby 0.2.1  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 23:19 -0400, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> > I've made public the version I'm working on. That's the version I'm
> > ultimately going to commit. It would be a lot more helpful if you
> > provided these patches over that version. Otherwise I have to refactor
> > them over that codebase, possibly introducing new bugs.
>
> Actually, it makes most sense if you push your changes directly to my
> git repository. I just granted you write access to it. Please do these
> changes against the version currently there, and push any fixes there
> directly.

OK, that makes sense. Thank you.

I would still like you to make a clear statement that the contents of
that repository are BSD licenced open source contributions. I have a
contractual responsibility to ensure the code I write is licenced in
that way. I have already mentioned I'm not looking at it yet for that
reason, so I am unaware of any changes not posted to the list.

You have posted patches that I have said I don't agree with. My name is
going to be on this when it goes in, so I don't think it makes any sense
to force that commit to include changes I don't agree with. I cannot
prevent you making changes afterwards, nor would I wish to. I'd like you
to respond sensibly to comments on those. We should work together on a
consensus basis, especially since I know you have not fully tested your
changes (either). Your error rate might be lower than mine, but it is
non-zero.

Сообщение: Re: Feature Suggestion: PL/Js
Сообщение: Re: Feature Suggestion: PL/Js