Re: Hot Standby on git

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hot Standby on git
Дата
Re: Hot Standby on git  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 13:57 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Per Simon's request, for the benefit of the archive, here's all the
> changes I've done on the patch since he posted the initial version for
> review for this commitfest as incremental patches. This is extracted
> from my git repository at
> git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/heikki/postgres.git.

I'm working my way through these changes now. 1, 2, 15 and 16 applied.

We discussed briefly your change
0011-Replace-per-proc-counters-of-loggable-locks-with-per.patch.

I don't see how that helps at all. The objective of lock counters was to
know if we can skip acquiring an LWlock on all lock partitions. This
change keeps the lock counters yet acquires the locks we were trying to
avoid. This change needs some justification since it is not a bug fix.