Re: max_fsm_relations

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: max_fsm_relations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 12:37 -0700, Gauthier, Dave wrote:
> I just did a Vacuum Analyze on a DB.  It worked OK, but I got...
>

> NOTICE: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
>
> HINT:  You have at least 1000 relations.  Consider increasing the
> configuration parameter “max_fsm_relations”
>

> I browsed around and learned that this has to do with keeping track of
> free disk space.
>
> Q: Is there a problem with leaving this alone?  How serious is this if
> it is a problem?
>
> Q: Is there a way I can shrink this number (reload the data to consume
> the free space perhaps?)

This is "relations" which means tables, indexes etc... So unless you
start dropping things, no you can't reduce it.

Just increase it a bit (say 20%) it won't hurt you.

Note it does use a little shared_memory,.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/