Re: Psql 7.2.1 Regress tests failed on RedHat 7.3

От dalgoda@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle)
Тема Re: Psql 7.2.1 Regress tests failed on RedHat 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <17682.1021952389@sss.pgh.pa.us>,
Tom Lane  <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>Well, since glibc apparently has no higher ambition than to work for
>post-1970 dates, we may have little choice but to throw out mktime and
>implement our own timezone library.  Ugh.  It is pretty damn annoying
>that they aren't interested in fixing their problem...

Ummm... I'm no great admirer of Drepper, but exactly why is this a glibc
problem?

This was clearly an undocumented side-effect that, by pure chance, worked
well until now.  So it happens to be glibc that first trips up this issue,
but it could very well have been any mktime implementation.

I think it's unfair to blame glibc.  At least until some other standard
comes into existence that makes glibc's implementation invalid.

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/