AW: AW: LIMIT in DECLARE CURSOR: request for comments

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: AW: LIMIT in DECLARE CURSOR: request for comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > There is no way for the backend to know this, thus imho the app needs
> > to give a hint.
>
> Right.  So what do you think about a hint that takes the form of a SET
> variable for the fetch percentage to assume for a DECLARE CURSOR?

Since we don't have other hints that are embedded directly into the SQL
that sounds perfect.

The not so offhand question for me is whether to use this percentage for
non cursor selects also. Imho both should (at least in default) behave the same.

Andreas