Re: pgsql: Fix calculation of relid sets for partitionwise child joins.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix calculation of relid sets for partitionwise child joins.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2023 at 4:22 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2023-07-21 at 16:00 +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Fix calculation of relid sets for partitionwise child joins.

>> In CI, I'm seeing a compiler warning here:
>> [22:28:11.772] joinrels.c: In function ‘try_partitionwise_join’:
>> [22:28:11.772] joinrels.c:1546:11: error: variable ‘child_joinrelids’
>> set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]

Right, I failed to test it without --enable-cassert, so I did not
see this warning.

> Might have to mark the child_joinrelids PG_USED_FOR_ASSERTS_ONLY.

It seemed better to me to put the adjust_child_relids call into
the Assert macro, so the compiler knows it doesn't have to run
adjust_child_relids in the non-Assert case.