Re: Best open source tool for database design / ERDs?

От dananrg@yahoo.com
Тема Re: Best open source tool for database design / ERDs?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I have used Case Studio 2 (fine, weak on documentation generation), and
> PowerDesigner by Sybase (truly excellent! but $$$)
> John

Thanks John.

I've been playing with Druid and it seems to be able to do what I need
it to do. It wasn't immediately intuitive to use, but the functionality
is there.

To Druid users, or those who've tried and rejected Druid, what feature
deficiencies do you see Druid as having? So long as Druid continues to
be developed, I think I'll stick with it.

Here's one Druid "annoyance"

One real pain with the ER Diagram is that it seems to insist on
including, and often inconveniently repositioning, a little non-entity
yellow box that says Unamed. I think it's a color legend. Anyone know
how I can get rid of it?

Other than that, I'm delighted with it so far. The auto-DML creation
for whichever database I choose is very cool.

Dana