Re: Postfix/Maildrop and too many connections issues

От Sven Willenberger
Тема Re: Postfix/Maildrop and too many connections issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 03:39 +0000, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> On 06/22/2005 08:23:43 AM, Sven Willenberger wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 01:30 +0200, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > > # sven@dmv.com / 2005-06-21 15:00:12 -0400:
> > info
> > acceptance
> > that
> > of idle

> > >     You are barking up the wrong software. See proxymap(8). (It's
> > >     mentioned in http://www.postfix.org/PGSQL_README.html)
> > >
> > Thanks for the tip ... edited my main.cf so that transport,aliases,
> > etc
> > use proxymap so this should help somewhat. Apparently in version 2.2.
> > it
> > is safe to use for UIDs/maildirs/paths etc so I may have to make the
> > upgrade leap.
>
> I _believe_ 2.2 is safe to _configure_, but the various daemons
> will do lookups directly without going through proxymap.  So
> there's no "extra" help, you still need to limit the number
> of these running daemons.  (Although maybe they eache cache
> the connection themselves reducing the number of opens and
> closes? ?)
>
> That's how I read the docs.

I guess my understanding was that whichever portions in main.cf I would
prefix with proxy: would send their requests through proxymap. I just
realized however that once postifx looks up the user in transport it
hands the mail off to maildrop which then has to do its own db lookup
for the home directory, etc and I cannot see how I would configure this
to use proxymap. Well at least I have consolidated some of the
lookups ...

Sven