Re: Using COPY

От tony
Тема Re: Using COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 16:15, Joseph Koenig wrote:
> We're converting a db from Access to PostgreSQL for a client - I need to
> export all of his data into postgres on Linux - I'm trying to use the
> COPY command, however, his comment fields have line breaks in them which
> causes the copy to throw a parse error at that line. I'm sure others
> have run into this - is there an easy way to avoid this? Thanks,

Welcome to pain! Now when someone asks me to port data, I bill each and
every hour spent - no more estimates on how much it will cost!!!

I'm sure someone will recommend a perl script to rip them out.

If you aren't a perl guru then run out and find a Mac with BBEdit which
is the absolute best text editor in the world. A combination of BBEdit
and OpenOffice will clean up and format any text file and save it to
many types of text including CSV.

Cheers

Tony Grant
--