Re: Populate Table From Two Other Tables

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Populate Table From Two Other Tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
SQL does not distinguish between equality and assignment (mainly because SQL
is declarative and thus there is never anything to actually assign to). IOW,
there is not "assignment" operator and "=" means "equality".

As for the duplicate key I would first check to see if you are inserting
into a non-empty table and that one or more of your newly inserted records
conflicts with existing records on the waterchem table.  The easiest way
would be to insert into a staging table and then join the staging and live
tables together on the PK and see if any records are returned.

David J.

Postgres tells