Pg_dump and huge OID's

От Glen Parker
Тема Pg_dump and huge OID's
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Somehow I've gotten OID's > 2147483647 in my database.  I have yet to
figure out how that could have happened, since I just did a restore a
few days ago and I'm not recording OID's in the dumps.  Any suggestions
how this might happen would be appreciated.

The real problem though is why I can't do a pg_dump now.  I get this
error from pg_dump:

getTables(): SELECT (for PRIMARY KEY) failed on table itemadj.
Explanation from backend: ERROR:  dtoi4: integer out of range

The indexes on this table have very large OID's.  They are valid as
OID's, but not as INT4's, so apparently pg_dump doesn't do a proper cast
when querying the pg_class table?

Any suggestions how to fix this or get a dump?  This is quickly getting
scarey, since I can't see a way to get a backup.  Bad bad bad.

Btw, this is postgres 7.1.3 (select version() says:)
PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96

Running on Redhat 7.2.

Thx in advance,

Glen Parker
glenebob@nwlink.com