Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Regina Obe
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Regina Obe wrote:

> If we do write a CoC, can we give it a different acronym.

> Notwithstanding the most regrettable childhood trauma, this request is exactly the kind of ridiculousness that the
PoliticalCorrectness nonsense associated with CoCs that we should be worried about in the aftermath of proposed
adoption.

> Complaining that the acronym "CoC" is anything remotely like the thing the work "cock" means is, well, cockamamie

> It's like someone becoming upset over the work "niggardly" as a racist epithet. In fact that word and the one you are
thinkingof are completely unrelated: entirely different etymology. Nothing in common except, on the one hand, as you
imaginethe acronym might be pronounced, and on the other because there are six similar letters.

Exactly.  That's why I added that section:

USE OF TRIGGER TERMS

We have long standing terms like Master/Slave that may trigger some past trauma for some people.
While we do consider people's feelings, we weigh that against the effort of changing long understood terminology and
thepsychological trauma
such changes would cause for the large majority of people who are not as sensitive to the usage.
As such we entertain change requests for naming of new features more than we do of renaming old features.

First of all you have no proof whether I was raped or not, so you don't know if I'm just playing the "Poor woman was
raped,give her a break" card or if my sad luck story is genuine.
In the end it's irrelevant, because as Josh apologetically explained to me  - Coc is standard in our vernacular so
wouldcause more damage to others if we change it.

I have to learn to cope with my suffering when someone says Coc and it's not your problem that I was raped and I have
traumaticmemories everytime
I hear someone say  "We have a Coc. I think that should make you feel safer."

Josh did the right thing.  If we had this Coc -- Josh could just point at this section and say

"I feel your pain, but according to our Code of Conduct, we can't change it."

Thanks,
Regina

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time? (WIP CoC)
От: "FarjadFarid\(ChkNet\)"
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time? (WIP CoC)