Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Regina Obe
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 01/10/2016 10:44 AM, Regina Obe wrote:

>>> JD
>>
>> This may come as a big shock to many of you, but as a contributor I
>> don't care if you are racist, sexist, transphobic or whatever as long
>> as you

> I think this is reasonable but my point is that we don't care if you are
sexist (in terms of .Org). We care if you allow your sexism to bleed into
the community.

> In short, as long as you are professional and respectful, your personal
beliefs may remain your own.

> JD

Josh,

I read the image and thought, you meant you can't have a racist, sexist
thought in your body and I looked at myself and thought
"I have racist and sexist thoughts. I might be a racist sexist pig.  I am
not welcome here. Let me find another project."

I would remove the word professional.  I think people have used that word so
much to mean newspeak that people are now scared of the term.

So something like:

Try to be helpful and respectful when talking with people in the community.

Thanks,
Regina

От: "Regina Obe"
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?